COVID-19 Communication Information
It can be difficult to stay positive when all the news concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) is so overwhelming. Certainly, your clients feel this and everything you can do to communicate your knowledge and empathy about all that is surrounding us is critical for you and your business. As an independent beauty professional, you have the ability to speak directly to your clients about the steps you are taking to make sure that your business adheres to the state agency mandated sanitation as well as any extra precautions you are taking above and beyond those measures. The most distinctive advantage you have over traditional salons is the fact that you can control client flow into your suites and even the hours you are offering services. Clear, concise and responsible social posts aimed directly at your clients that convey your willingness to support them in challenging times can go a long way to keep you top of mind as both a beauty professional and a trusted friend.
The best and most proactive way to do this by starting with direct phone calls to your clients ensuring them that you are open for business and that you have taken direct steps to ensure their well-being. During the call it would be prudent to let them know the following:
- You follow the state board rules for sanitation and cleanliness
- You have taken extra measures to exceed sanitation requirements in your suite
- Salons by JC as a company has reinforced its commitment to ensuring the facility is sanitized
- You have the advantage if a lockable space with low activity as compared to other retail businesses
- (If you are willing) You can adjust your hours to provide services at low volume times in the salon
A second and just as important outlet is to provide your clients updates on your social media platforms. With social media, it’s important to speak from your personal voice sharing your authentic concerns while remaining positive, which may help many people at this time. Short, simple and clear messages directly aimed at the following topics should be useful. We would encourage you to address the following topics
- During this time, the safety, health, and well-being of my clients and community is my number one priority. While everyone is facing challenges surrounding the virus, I encourage you to maintain the practice of self-care. I certainly hope that includes my services, but your general health and that of your family is of even greater importance.
- Remember that the community, support, and care you’ve come to expect is not absent during these challenging times. I encourage you all to spend time with family, take any steps necessary to ensure your health, and do what you can to help others. Together we will all come out of this.
- To all my clients: I am keeping you all in my thoughts during these challenging times. Know that I am still open and here for you to take some time for self-care. I am taking even greater steps to ensure the cleanliness and safety of my salon, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns about your upcoming visits or to schedule a new appointment.
- Based on recommendations from the CDC and WHO, I am enhancing the frequency and scope of my salon cleanliness practices by following new health and safety standards to maintain a clean and healthy environment for my salon and my clients.
- To any of my clients who may feel ill during this time – I would ask that you stay home and take care of yourself. Your health is the most important thing and taking steps to maintain it, such as drinking plenty of fluids, speaking with your physician, and eating healthy, are all the most important forms of self-care. I am currently waiving any cancellation fees, no questions asked, and I am more than happy to help assist you in rescheduling your appointments for a future date.
- In order to ensure the safety of my clients and salon, I ask that any of my clients that may feel unwell to cancel any appointments you may have. I am waiving all cancellation fees at this time, no questions asked. Thank you all so much, and stay healthy!
- I would like to ensure you all that I am taking as many steps as possible to maintain a clean and healthy salon environment. However, should you like to cancel your appointment and reschedule for a later date, I am more than happy to assist you. I will be waiving all cancellation fees, no questions asked. Your health is my number one priority at this time.
- Your hours of business
- Yes, I’m open! I am taking all the required steps as put forward by the CDC and WHO to ensure my salon is as clean and safe as possible. For any questions or concerns, you may have, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.
- During this time, my hours will be adjusted to meet the needs of myself and my family, as our situation has changed due to virus-related factors. My new hours are [INSERT HERE]. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- How you can be contacted directly for questions
- You can reach me by phone, or email, for direct questions.
- What Salons by JC is doing
- The Salons by JC family is closely monitoring communications and news about the COVID-19 situation and will take all necessary actions necessary to keep our salons and communities safe and healthy during these trying times. I will keep you all updated with any news or changes that come my way. Stay safe and healthy.
- As the situation with COVID-19 progresses, I will continue to keep you all informed of any changes at my salon or Salons by JC. Your health, safety, and comfort are all my highest priority and I am keeping you all in my thoughts.
Social distancing may be the current trend for the near future but doesn’t mean that we should forgo social/business togetherness with communications that show your caring connectedness to the community. Your clients are surely wondering what they should do for their next appointment, so reaching out by phone, text and or social media will be appreciated by them and provide stability to your business.
We will continue monitoring official guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and communicating regularly with our franchisees and salons.